Dr. Erin Arnold is a board-certified, leading expert in the field of rheumatology, pioneering an aggressive, comprehensive approach to patient care emphasizing a unique diagnostic and treatment regimen focusing on remission of disease.
As the first American Rheumatologist fellowship-trained in Diagnostic and Interventional Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, Dr. Arnold saw the critical importance of incorporating multiple diagnostic techniques, measurements and therapies to provide the most effective personal treatment plans for each of her patients. To that end, Dr. Arnold developed a unique, accredited ultrasound exam that diagnoses inflammatory and crystal-induced arthritis, and follows the patient’s response to therapy.
Dr. Arnold is an active member of the rheumatology community, advocating for her patients and colleagues for advancements and innovation. She completed a three-year term as a Member of the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) Board of Directors. She served as an ACR liaison to the Arthritis Foundation and the American College of Radiology. In addition, she represented her patients and the ACR on visits to Capitol Hill, meeting with members of the House and Senate.
Rheumatologists around the country regularly request Dr. Arnold to speak about her unique approach to the care of patients with autoimmune diseases.
Dr. Arnold is a native of the North Shore of Chicago where she currently resides with her husband and two sons. She is a graduate of New Trier High School and the University of Illinois (Champaign/Urbana), and received her medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Dr. Arnold completed her residency at the University of Chicago and Rheumatology fellowship at the University of California Los Angeles.
- Fellowship: University of California Los Angeles
- Residence: University of Chicago
- MD: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- BA: University of Illinois Champaign/Urbana
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Osteoarthritis
- Diagnostic and Interventional Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Fellow, American College of Rheumatology
- Chicago Magazine “New Ground Breaking Physicians” 2005